Monday 23 January 2012

Deviled Guac Bombs

So I had this craving for some comfort food on Christmas Eve and after brainstorming a bit I came up with the recipe below.


‎6 hard-boiled eggs, halved w/ yolks removed
2 egg yolks from above
2 avacadoes
1/2 c. thin-sliced red onion
3 tbsp. finely chopped cilantro
2 tsp. fresh lime juice
pinch ground red pepper flakes
dash of hot sauce to taste
sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
paprika, cilantro leaves and pimento for garnish

Mash avocado and egg yolks with a fork into chunks, add remainder of ingredients and mix well. Spoon into egg halves, dust with paprika. Fold cilantro leaf in half to place into guac and place pimento into center. Chill until ready. Enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. Looks good....even though I really really like mayo. I'll put this on Pinterest. Maybe it will go viral.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lynnie, I'm on the waiting list for Pinterest.

    ReplyDelete